CashewInfo
News

Home   >   NEWS & VIEWS   >   News

  • Binh Phuoc: Let the cashew plant resurrect

    Jun 3rd, 2018

    Binh Phuoc planned to 2020, the total area of ​​the province will be 181,000ha, of which cashew area on production forest land is 43,300ha. In terms of productivity, the average yield is expected to be over 2 tons / ha. From 2015 to 2018, a series of cashews in the East and in the whole country in general are affected by severe weather and pests. This greatly affects growers. To overcome this difficulty, Binh Phuoc has concentrated many resources to restore cashew orchards for growers.

    Le Thi Anh Tuyet, deputy director of Binh Phuoc Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, said that by the end of 2015 to the beginning of 2018, uninterrupted rain appeared in the right season when cashew trees were directly polluting. Differentiation of cashews and pollinators of cashew trees. During the rainy season, if the rainy season occurs, the humidity in the cashew orchard will increase, which will create favorable conditions for mosquito bugs and anthracnose on the cashew tree to develop, productivity and quality of cashew orchards. 2017-2018, many cashew orchards affected by the rain lasted from the previous crop, so the investment resources of the people also decreased, the tree is depleted.

    The provincial government has launched rescue workers to each of their orchards. The military mobilized all forces of the political system, in which the technical staff of agricultural extension and protection of the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development as the core. Technical staff, experts came to the place, meet directly in the garden, "hands to work" for technical staff to prevent mosquito bugs, anthracnose and dry branches burn leaves. As a result, by the end of December 2017, more than 80% of cashew area had recovered well, the remaining 20% ​​prevented the decline and are recovering.

     

    Let the tree recover better

    Based on experience in Binh Phuoc, engineers are advised to take good care of cashew trees. Especially in the stage of flowering, fruit. At this stage, it is necessary to add sufficient phosphorus (P2O5) and boro (B) to facilitate the formation and distribution of the flower bud. - At this stage, it is necessary to add trace elements such as Boro (B), zinc, manganese (Mn) to cashew trees and increase fruit bearing capacity. Products like Zinc Super, Botrac, Boron, ...

    - Fruit and fruit feeding stage: It is necessary to supplement the necessary trace elements such as Boro, Zinc, Calcium, Potassium ... to increase fruit yield as well as fruit quality. Such as: Zinc Supper and Nutrimax, ... Some major pests and diseases in cashew orchards, flowering, fruit trees and preventive measures:

     

    Tea mosquito bugs:

    - Prevention measures: Hygiene field, weeding, clearing the bushes to open the garden to reduce the number of tea mosquito bugs in the garden. The use of pesticides in the pyrethoid group is highly effective in preventing mosquito bugs, can use plant protection drugs with active substances Alpha Cypermethrin, Cypermethyl like Alfathrin, ...

    Seedling borer:

    The spraying of insecticides is very effective because eggs and young shoots are in the core of shoots. Yellow ants are effective in control of shoot borers (mature larvae usually need more than 1 hour to hole holes while weaver ants usually travel on shoots every 30 to 60 seconds) Adult shoots are often chased or hunted when weaver ants are planted.

     Thrips:

    - Preventive measures: Clean garden clean, prune pruning to limit the emergence and development of thrips. Spray the drug with active ingredients Alpha Cypermethrin, Abamectin for prevention.

     Anthracnose:

     Preventive measures: Cleaning the field, clearing the grass, clearing the bushes to ventilate the garden, pruning and burning the diseased branches, dead dry to destroy potential pathogens in the garden. Active ingredients such as Hexaconazole (Jiavin), mixed active ingredients such as Metalaxyl + Mancozeb (Ridomil gold 68WP) can be used to prevent diseases on young flowers and fruit.

    Drying of cotton:

    - Preventive measures: Field hygiene, pruning, cutting open the garden with plenty of light through the canopy to the ground, preventing mosquito bugs in the stage of the plant out shoots. young and flowering.

     In addition, attention should be paid to the application of fertilizers in each stage. Consumption should also pay attention. Experience in Binh Phuoc is associated with the company, factory purchasing products to them along with growers.


    Source: http://www.vinacas.com.vn/